Here are 5 tips to help you organize your home before your move:
1. Leave notes to get rid of clutter. Have you ever had a great idea, but were too busy to accomplish the task at that given time? When you are planning a move, it can be very hard to remember everything. Help yourself out by leaving notes to remind you. This helps take the guesswork out of what needs to be done. Even better is your friends/family don’t have to ask how they can help, because you have left little clues around!
2. Create zones in your home. When using daily items try to put them back all in the same “zone”. For example, while in the kitchen make sure all the baking supplies are in the same area. This will make it much easier to not forget things when packing!
3. Devote 10 minutes to tidy up each night. Before bed dedicated 10 minutes to picking up a few things, you would be surprised how 10 minutes a night can help out when it comes to packing for the big move. Even if a move is not right around the corner this can be a great way to keep the house clean without feeling like you lost a whole day to chores.
4. Always leave the room with something in your hands. Anytime you are leaving a room and see something that is out of place, be sure to grab that item right then and there. Just by never leaving a room empty handed can save time when it comes to packing!
5. The 5 minute chore. Sometimes all we have is 5 minutes, but many times we get stuck with a pile of work that takes much longer than 5 minutes. Getting organized can seem like an impossible task to get done in 5 minutes. Well you’re right, but if you donate just 5 minutes to say clearing the fridge one night and 5 minutes to organize the hair supplies in your daughters room the next night. Those are two things that will make packing much less stressful!