Let’s be honest — moving is not much fun. Having to handle the stress of moving your valuables, and your life, can occasionally cause meltdowns and frustration during your transition. Have no worries; we can make your move seem effortless with these helpful moving tips to use throughout the process.
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink: When packing up your kitchen, keep flatware inside of an organizer, secured with tape and plastic or paper wrap.
- Convenient Recycling: Have any old dish, mug or cup boxes laying around from the store? Reuse the cardboard partitions within those boxes to pack up breakables like wine glasses, cups and mugs.
- Wardrobe Malfunctions: Packing materials add up quick. Save some space by placing unbreakable items such as shoes, handbags, and linens at the base of your wardrobe container.
- Down to the Wire: There are not many experiences more frustrating than finally getting to your new house and having to deal with wire spaghetti — the mass of jumbled, tangled wires that are haphazardly thrown into a box during the moving process. Luckily, you can avoid this hassle by placing each electronic accessory (powercords, remote, etc) into a specifically labeled box that describes the electronic device it belongs to. Also, before unplugging, take a picture of the wiring setup to reference later
- Dish it Out: Dishes have a bad habit of dancing around while in transit to new homes. Keep them safe and secure by packing them wrapped up, taped down and ready to go.
- Show Your True Colors: Don’t just label your boxes — color-code them and write which room they belong in to make move-in day a breeze.
- First-Things-First: Pack a “first day essentials” box in a clear bin and pack it with cleaning supplies, toilet paper, a toolbox and other items you may need on your first day.
- The Bigger the Better: Use stretch wrap to group big items together, such as brooms and mops. This technique can also be used to protect large furniture.
We know that moving can be a bit overwhelming, with our moving tips, packing and unpacking will be a simple task. When you’re ready for the heaving lifting Dircks Moving and Logistics will be there to take the stress off your shoulders, we’ve been delivering peace of mind for 25 years now. Dircks is a full service moving company who can make the big move seem not so big.