March Madness can mean more than just basketball, it’s also that time of year when we pack up our winter gear and get down to some spring cleaning! Dircks Moving & Logistics isn’t just about moving, we also offer storage services—over 100,000 square feet of warehouse space!
Here are a few tips to think about when preparing your goods for storage in a climate-controlled facility:
- When packing your items for storage, try to use uniform-sized boxes. They will be easier to stack.
- Use sturdy, sealable boxes. They will be easier to stack and will protect your items from any outside damage or from shifting.
- Stack the heaviest boxes on the bottom and ligther boxes on top to prevent crushing an items.
- Try to keep all boxes under 30 pounds, with a maximum weight of 50 pounds. Boxes that are any heavier can lead to injury, are prone to bursting open, and are more likely to be dropped.
- Make sure boxes are as full as possible. Boxes that are only half-full can collapse if other boxes are stacked on top. Think of using old newspapers or packing peanuts to fill up empty space.
- For fragile items, pack at least two inches of padding (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc) around each item.
- Do not store anything flammable or combustible. A few of these items include: cleaning fluids, paint thinner, oil, spray paint, gasoline, etc.
- Inventory your storage boxes to save time finding specific items later. Number each box and create a detailed list of what is in each one.
- Label both sides and the top of every box with thick, dark marker. No matter how the boxes are stacked, you will still be able to clearly identify which box you are looking for.
Whether you are looking for seasonal or long term storage space, Dircks Moving & Logistics has the state-of-the-art facility and friendly staff for all your storage needs.